Last year this time, I celebrated my birthday in South Africa for the 19th year in a row. I knew it would be the last birthday celebration in the country I called home for the past 20 years. This year, I had a very quiet birthday in Taipei, away from family and my dear friends back home. It was nevertheless a very eventful quiet birthday that most certainly calls for a happy list!
- Thank you to all my dear friends from all over the world for all the birthday wishes! Even though you may be far away physically, but you are all deep in my heart
- Phone call from my very sweet mother. It's always good to hear her voice.
- Attempted phone call from a dear friend in India. Pity about the terrible signal so didn't get to speak on the phone but we had a good chat on facebook!
- Sweet Ivy and the very pretty birthday cake!
- Restorative yoga on my birthday! My favourite kind of yoga!
- Birthday morning spend quietly at home reading, one of my favourite activities.
- Being told recently that I've changed for the better. And being reminded by myself that we should all let go of our ego all the time, that will make us happier.
- Taking a nice evening walk in the suburbs of Tian Mu, down a street of cute little shops and lined with Banyan trees.