This thought occurred to me today when I was driving: we struggle to recognise and appreciate the simple happiness that happens almost every second of every minute, everyday of our lives. How often at gatherings do we complain about our jobs, our spouses, our acquaintances, the problems in society, rising prices, the lack of time, people being too friendly, people being too rude, and the list is just endless. I for one, complain a LOT. It’s almost built in me to be unhappy for some odd bizarre reason, criticising one thing to the next. But it’s not just me, we ALL do that.Today I was driving in the rain wondering if it was ever going to stop raining, when I looked into the horizon and it was all blue skies and white puffy clouds. It was beautiful. Why are we able to appreciate these wonderful things in our lives only when they slap you in the face with it? Look around you, there are endless things to be grateful for and happy about every second of every minute, everyday of our lives. A while back my beloved yoga teacher started this “Happy List” post on her blog which I attempted several times, and I found it DIFFICULT to find things I was happy about in a week, until my feeble attempts fizzled out. But let’s try this again.
- Joburg sky. Look up, almost every day is a beautiful day. Even today whilst it was raining in the North, the sky over the East and the South look beauuuuuuutiful!
- The birds tweeting outside as I type this post, somewhat offsetting the horrible drilling noises going on in the warehouse.
- Going to watch Alice in Wonderland in 3D tonight with my together forever kekeke
- Finally finishing the lace ribbon scarf last night! YAY! It’s about time, taken me long enough, and it came out beautifully
- THANK YOU SARS finally my VAT and PAYE numbers are out…
- My order of from yarncountry.com has arrived safely today, was starting to get worried that it would get lost along the way although I doubt many people working at the post office would be interested in a box of yarn… Can’t wait to go home and open up and check all my goodies! Winter wardrobe, here I come!
- Awesome photo editing tools like BigHugeLabs, Poladroid, and nEO iMAGING which adds to my photo fun~ (note to self, please upload the cool mosaic pictures when you go home)
- 4-day weeks! We’ve had 3 in a row now, and it’s a bit sad that this will be the last of the 3, but there is another public holiday coming up at the end of the month!
- Counting down the days to my Hong Kong/Taipei trip! *27 days to go*
- So happy that I have a netbook now and I will be travelling with my netbook this time, instead of lugging my heavy Vaio around…